Oh, man. Pre-Keto I was a bacon gouda on ciabatta aficionado from Starbucks. Y’know what I mean? So I had to find something that scratch that on-the-go breakfast sammy itch. This does it.
Recipe (Serves 1)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (I use this)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (I use this)
- 3 Tbsp Almond Flour (I use this)
- 2 Pinches kosher salt (I use this)
- 1 Pinch pepper (I use this)
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- Optional add-ons: slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado, hot sauce, etc.
- Put 1 1/2 tbsp of butter in your ramekin and melt it – I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a separate container (I used another ramekin), beat 1 egg with a fork and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat frying pan on medium-high for a minute. Add Canadian bacon to dry pan and brown on each side – about a minute per. Set aside.
- Add baking powder, almond flour, and 1 pinch of salt to the melted butter and combine. Then add 1 egg. Mix thoroughly. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. When complete, remove from ramekin and set aside.
- Turn heated frying pan down to medium/medium-low and add 1/2 tbsp of butter. Add beat egg to the pan and scramble with your turner – should take 1-2 minutes.
- Build your sandwich. Slice the bread in half. Add your egg and Canadian bacon. If adding cheese, pop sandwich into the oven on a middle rack with the oven on broil for a couple of minutes to melt it. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
|Calories: 487||Carbs: 6||Fiber: 3||Protein: 22||Fat: 43|
Add directly to MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/125095098888173