I found this super cool sauce at Jewel the other day and made my life easier. One pan. Throw all the things in. Deliciousness in minutes! If you want to make the sauce from scratch, you can use the one from my Chicken Yakitori recipe.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 oz sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 oz broccoli
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallions (green onion)
- 6 tbsp G Hughes Teriyaki Marinade (or the sauce from my Chicken Yakitori recipe)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Prep your chicken thighs – slice them into 1/2 inch strips and throw them in a ziploc baggie with 4 tbsp of teriyaki marinade. Allow to marinade for at least an hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat the skillet dry over medium-high heat for at least 2 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan and coat the bottom. Saute your chicken breasts until they get nice and golden brown on each side (about three minutes each side). Careful, the marinade can splatter! Make sure you shake off any excess marinade first, wear an apron, and prepare for a bit of messy kitchen…
- Move the chicken to your serving plate to chill out while you make the veggies.
- Add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Throw in the shitakes and broccoli and saute until cooked through about 4 minutes.
- Toss the remaining 2 tbsp of marinade in with the veggies and re-add your chicken. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sliced scallions and serve hot. Option to serve with sauteed cauliflower as pictured (I just fry up in a small pan with sesame oil and salt). Enjoy!
One thought on “Keto Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry with Shitaki Mushrooms and Broccoli”