So a wonderful friend of mine accidentally ordered a case of Smart Buns and without enough room in her freezer gifted me a whole box! I’ve never tried them before and am always a little concerned that replacement bread products will negatively effect my progress so I definitely took my time figuring out when and how I wanted to give them a try. The craving hit the other day and lobster tails were on sale at Whole Foods so inspiration set in and I decided to make a lobster roll! Could not be more delicious and I’m happy to report no weight stalls as a result of eating this delicious bun either. I especially love that it toasted so well!
- 1 Smart Bun (get them here)
- 4 oz lobster (I used two small tails)⠀
- 1 oz butter divided⠀
- 1/2 tbsp mayo (I used this one)⠀
- salt, pepper, and paprika to taste⠀
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees ⠀
- Prepare lobster tails by splitting the spine with scissors and lifting the meat to the top and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Melt butter and mix in salt, pepper, and paprika. Drizzle butter mixture just enough to cover and thoroughly brush the tails. Reserve remaining butter for later.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until meat is opaque.⠀
- Toast your smart bun (I stuck mine under the broiler for a minute) and spread mayo along the bottom half.⠀
- Cut up tails into bite sized chunks and toss in remaining butter mixture. Add it to the sandwich and serve 😊⠀