Big frittatas are great for a group but I always feel so wasteful if I go all out for just myself even if I make attempts to freeze it. So I decided to see if I could miniaturize one so that it’s single serve and lo and behold it worked!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces smoked salmon (2 slices)
- 1 tbsp scallions / green onions (1 stalk) thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Omelette sized oven safe skillet (I use this one)
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and then add your cream. I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds and then whisk that in as well. Dice up the salmon in nickel sized chunks and add in to the mix along with the scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Heat your skillet over the stove on medium high for one full minute. Add your butter and allow it to froth and fully cover the bottom. Remove the heat and pour your egg mixture into the skillet. Place in the oven on the middle rack for 15-18 minutes until the frittata puffs up and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slide the frittata onto a plate and dig in!